Vocabulary list, Chapter 29
Welcome to your LatinTests.net vocabulary quiz! Once you have learned the words on this List, you can turn it into an interactive Test by clicking "View this list as a test" at the bottom of the page.
- alter, altera, alterum, one or the other (of two); second
- doctus, -a, -um, learned
- dulcis, dulce, sweet
- gratus, -a, -um, pleasing, welcome; grateful
- humanus, -a, -um, human; humane, kind
- iucundus, -a, -um, pleasant, delightful
- uter, utra, utrum?, which (of two)?
- libenter, gladly
- quando?, when?
- an?, or?
- nisi, unless; except
- sicut, just as, like
- ut + indicative. ut + subjunctive is in order to (purpose); so that (consequence), as, when
- adventus, adventus, m., arrival
- negotium, -i, n., business
- vita, -ae, f., life
- propter + acc., on account of, because of
- quisquam, quicquam After a negative, anyone, anything
- condo, condere, condidi, I found, establish
- confido, confidere, confisus sum + dat., I trust
- scholam habeo, I give a lecture